The Finishing Touch To Any Outfit

It's almost a year to the day that I finally accepted I needed to have an eye test and consequently began life as a full-time glasses wearer.  It's safe to say I was a little nervous to start with but quite quickly I decided I actually preferred how I looked wearing specs than without!

When planning any outfit these days I always give thought to the pair of glasses that will work the best, considering the colours and textures of the clothes and specs to compliment each other.

Here are a few of my favourite looks this Summer featuring 3 pairs of glasses from one of my favourite brands, Ollie Quinn.

Pastel Pinks & Chambray:


I've been obsessed with pastels this Summer and it makes a nice change from my go-to navys and greys for Autumn Winter.  This pink tee from Reiss is mottled in design which provides texture to the look and is something a little more visually stimulating than a standard block colour and much more stand out.

The shorts are one of my favourite pieces this season and from a brand I've recently fallen in love with, Club Monaco.  Slim in fit and the perfect above the knee length, the Chambray colour gives more texture to the overall look.  Chambray is not dissimilar to denim but without the thickness in material and much more suited to the Summer months.  

I like pairing these shorts with boat shoes or pale loafers and these bad boys are from Ted Baker.  They are a great addition to any Summer wardrobe, looking good with most shorts and also great when paired with chinos, in particular colourful ones.

For the finishing touch I've chosen arguably my favourite pair of glasses from Ollie Quinn.  These are the Miller design in Whiskey & Champagne, a real statement pair of glasses with a uniquely angled frame.

The clear lower rims tie in nicely with the pastels, giving a softer overall effect than a fully coloured frame.  I find this design is particularly flattering and a great style for those looking to experiment more with statement frames.


Nautical Whites & Blues:


A nautical look for afternoons in the sunshine or by the sea.  I'm loving whites this Summer when paired with vibrant blues or in this instance, turquoise.  

Nothing beats a white polo when you're rocking a tan and this one is once again from the guys over at Reiss.  It's nicely tailored with navy detailing providing a nautical feel and is a great addition to any smart/casual look, whether it's one for the races or for an afternoon out with friends.

The shorts are from Burton Menswear and add some colour to the outfit.  When wearing any white it's important to add colour somewhere and these roll up chino style shorts do exactly that.

Shoes wise I've gone for a classic pair of boaters from the original boat shoe brand, Sperry.  Comfy, smart and ultra versatile, they are a great option for holidays and trips abroad.

To complete the nautical look I've chosen another Miller design from Ollie Quinn, this time in a darker matte for a real statement look.  The matte finish provides an alternative texture and the speckled blue helps pick out the colour from the outfit and bring the whole look together.




A nifty addition to any pair of OQ's is their 'clip on' sunnies.  When I first started wearing glasses I quickly realised that things can get rather challenging when the sun decides to make an appearance.  

The real challenge is remembering to bring your optical sunnies with you to interchange, something I've often forgotten and spent afternoons squinting away!  These clip ons are a fantastic option and transform your glasses into optical sunglasses in seconds. 

Blue On Blue:


If you follow me over on Instagram you know I love a knitted polo! It's the perfect alternative for those smarter occasions when a shirt feels excessive or when the weather means a shirt would be rather uncomfortable.  

This turquoise polo is from Reiss (I think I have a Reiss problem..!) and is a great colour when combined with Chambray shorts for a 'blue on blue' look.

My shoes are a from an independent brand called Marina Isla and are handmade out in Spain.  They are a hybrid between a boat shoe and an espadrille and I like the fact they combine the textures of suede with nubuck leather, great with shorts or rolled up chinos.

Finishing the look off with the Whiskey & Champagne Millers from OQ where the lighter champagne helps bring out the blues from the polo and shorts and the darker whiskey colour ties in the cognac and brown from the shoes.


Sunnies & Stripes:


When it comes to t-shirts in Summer, designs can often be rather boring and plain and there aren't a great deal of options out there.  

This raw cotton tee from Reiss is more stand out, with piping adding attention to detail to a wardrobe classic.  The 'ecru' (unbleached) cotton is extremely comfortable and a great addition to a casual outfit.

I've paired the tee with pastel pink shorts, again from Reiss, adding a touch of colour and slip on loafers from Ted Baker for some texture and detail.

These sunglasses from Ollie Quinn are the practical addition to the outfit, bringing in some darker tones and emphasising the black piped detailing of the tee.



There's no doubt wearing glasses has not only given me better vision (!) but has also given me added confidence in my overall look and image.  It may sound crazy but I can't really imagine life without my main accessory and I spend 90% of my days wearing glasses from the guys over at Ollie Quinn.

Considering their innovative designs and high level of quality, OQ are a surprisingly affordable option for both opticals and sunglasses.  I was shocked on my first visit in-store to find opticals for just £98, including the lenses.  As an independent retailer, OQ have been able to keep pricing incredibly fair, designing in-house and selling exclusively at their boutiques and online.  

With stores across London and free standard shipping and free returns on all orders, it's never been easier to join the OQ family and become a 'Quinner'!

You can get 20% off any purchases online or in UK stores using my discount code OQCHARLIE20 and be sure to tag me in any images featuring glasses you guys have purchased!

Click here for more info on frames and designs.

What's your favourite look and perfect pair?

C.

1 comment

  1. These glasses are really beautiful, I like all the outfits!

    https://julesonthemoon.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete

© Man About Town

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig